Friday, July 25, 2008

Canyon Lake 7/20/08











Steve & I went on a mini vacation to Canyon Lake for a couple days. It's about 2hr & 45 min away. We had such a great time! Before we got there, we stopped by Gruene, TX, which is a very small town with lots of shops. They had their Market Days going on.
The first day at the lake, we rented a boat for a few hours & explored the lake. The water was so blue & clear...definitely not like the lakes I grew up around.

We went fishing late that night & caught some small fish. We saw a huge gar which I think was scaring all the other fish away.

The next day we ended up floating down the Guadalupe River on tubes which was relaxing & fun...oh & cold too! It was over 100 degrees outside so the cold water felt so refreshing! After that we headed home!

No comments: