Tuesday, October 14, 2008

26 Weeks

I had a doctor's appointment today, and all went well. Let me tell ya though....it is very disappointing stepping on the scale. I HATE that part!

The baby's heart rate was 140's-150's. I had my glucose screen today so the baby kept moving when the dr was trying to listen to the heartbeat (it was on a sugar high). I sure hope the glucose test results come back ok because I would be miserable if I had to watch my carbs/sugar intake. I'm not too sure if I could do it.

When my 1 hour was up after drinking the glucose drink, they had to draw my blood. The lab tech must have forgotten & left for lunch! There was nobody in the office except for 2 secretaries. They said they were "trained" to draw blood but hadn't done it in months. They had NO CLUE what they were doing! I felt bad for them. I showed them the vein to use, which she got...but after the 1st tube, the needle slipped out! Ouch! That did not feel good at all! She tried again and got the remaining 3 tubes of blood. I'm sure they will never forget that experience. They were clueless!

Oh, this time when the doctor measured my belly, I was curious & asked what I measured. I measured 30cm. I think they usually say 1 cm for every week, so I think I am measuring a bit large. Not surprising since I am carrying Steve's baby. He was a whopping 10lb 13 oz at birth!

2 comments:

Paul, Tara, and Riley Anne said...

Aw man, you should've called me... I would have gladly stuck you (and probably a lot less painfully).

The Abney Family said...

That sucks that you had to go through that! I hope it all turns out ok, I'm sure it will. I feel for ya if that baby is anything over 8 lbs!