I had my doctor's appointment today. Everything went well. The doctor did a quick ultrasound & the baby is in position & "ready to go." The baby's heart rate was slower this time, 120-130's (still normal), and my belly measured 39 cm.
My doctor did the strep b test & did a vaginal exam as well. I am dilated at 1cm and 80-90% effaced! That's a start! I also think I lost my "mucus plug" this morning. It was kinda gross, but it's a good sign that labor is nearing. I didn't mention it to the doctor though...maybe I should have.
I've noticed I have been retaining a lot more fluid in the last few days. My legs swell up, and my wedding ring barely fits. The doctor noticed the weight gain this last week but wasn't at all concerned.
Well, that's about it. Pretty good news! It shouldn't be much longer until we meet this little miracle...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wow!! Doesn't sound like you'll make it all the way to the 21st though huh?? That's great news! 38 weeks is plent of baking time :)
Some people say that labor is within 24 hours of losing the "plug". I don't know how true it is, but it was for me this last time! I am glad your appt went well. What did she say about the baby's size?
Post a Comment